Schedule Tankless Water Heater Installation or Repair Today!
You have options to heat your home’s water. Have you considered going tankless?
Call (844)933-5874 Thorough Plumbing for more information on tankless water heater installation & repair.
Different Types of Water Heaters
Water heaters are of two types: conventional and tankless. Recently, the trend for more environmentally friendly water heaters has increased. For that reason, tankless water heaters have become an attractive alternative to conventional hot water heaters. Our highly experienced plumbers, at Thorough Plumbing, are happy to answer any questions regarding tankless water heaters.
Tankless Water Heaters – the Lowdown
Tankless water heaters are sometimes referred to as on-demand water heaters because they do not require a water tank like a conventional system. The difference is tankless systems are hooked directly into your plumbing at the point-of-use, and only provide hot water where it is needed. If you are using your kitchen sink, then that is where the hot water will be delivered.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
The benefits of tankless water heaters are important and should be considered before a decision is made.
- Increase Energy-Efficiency – Enjoy lower utility bills by 30% to 50%.
- Environmentally Friendly – Requires less energy thus reducing your carbon footprint.
- Requires Less Space – Without the need for a large, bulky water tank a tankless water heater is ideal for anyone with a lack of space.
- Continuous Supply of Hot Water – No longer do you have to worry about a cold shower.
- Longevity (Increased Lifespan) – Tankless water heaters have a lifespan approximately ten years longer than conventional water heaters.
Selecting a Water Heater – The Considerations
Now that you know the benefits of a tankless water heater, there are a few questions to consider when deciding on a new water heater:
- How much water do you require at one time?
- Do you need the use of multiple fixtures and appliances at once?
- What type of fuel do you want to use?
- What are the costs associated with operating a water heater with your chosen fuel type?
- What size of water heater is required? Which is determined by the number of people living in your home.